Pike Road City Schools P.O.P.P.I.E. (Preparing Our Preschool Patriots In Every Way) program provides a developmentally appropriate, inclusive environment for students with and without disabilities. The program uses a research-based preschool curriculum to provide the basic framework for language rich skill-based instruction using age appropriate learning activities. Our goal is to provide a balanced variety of developmentally appropriate experiences designed to foster learning and social development for all children.
Students who exhibit at least a 25% delay in two or more developmental areas and have qualified for Special Education services may be placed in the P.O.P.P.I.E. program at ages 3 or 4 as determined by their Individualized Education Program (IEP) team. The five developmental areas are Adaptive skills, Personal-Social skills, Communication skills, Motor skills and Cognitive skills. If you think your child may have a disability or a significant delay in one or more of these areas, please contact
First Class Pre-K Pre-Registration Opens on January
- Enrollment is open to all children four years of age on or before 9/2/20 who are residents of Pike Road (children eligible for kindergarten are ineligible for Pre-K).
- Enrollees must provide copy of child's birth certificate (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to Pike Road Elementary School).
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence- either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to Pike Road Elementary School).
- PRS Zoning Requirements-must live in Pike Road.
- Upon enrollment, child's immunization records must be provided.
- No child will be denied participation based on income, sex, race, color, national origin or disability.
- Additional details coming soon!
Program acceptance will be determined through a random drawing in March. The drawing date will be publicized in future correspondences. Parents and or guardians will be notifited of their child's placement or wait list status by email.
For more information about Alabama First Class Pre-K, click here: http://children.alabama.gov/firstclass/